Thursday, August 9, 2012

Christie for VP


I got this email today from *someone* I'd say knows politics pretty well. No insider, but he knows more than most armchair quarterbacks. 

I've made my VP pick. 
Chris Christie.  I did some reading on him.  The main thing the VP candidate has to do is be the big attack dog.  And who better than Christie?  Absolutely no one!  He might overshadow Mitt in the excitement department, but that does not hurt the ticket's chances.  Romney and Obama each already have the people who are paying attention, and that is not likely to change in the next 80 or 90 days.  It is the poor (I'll not say, not real politically bright, and therefore swayable) undecideds who need to hear something interesting they have not already heard before. The press will cover every cool anti-Obama thing Christie has to say.  Christie WAY overshadows Barry Soetero or Billy Joe Biden.  Go Christie!


Interesting reasoning. I can't find a flaw in it.  I've never been completely in favor of him, but I actually have nothing against him either. I do like his Jersey style as a compliment to Romney's New England style. 

(My spidey sense says the announcement either comes today or on Monday. The news cycle is still full, so I say Monday, maybe Tuesday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome here!